Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pickups and Knob Preparation

     To properly set up an electric guitar so its playable you need to do a set of activities with it to make sure everything works. I began by placing the gold translucent volume and tone knobs on their corresponding pots. I made sure that the numbers 1 through 10 are exactly on the same angle when I look at them while playing. I tightened them just snug enough so they can still slide to adjust the levels of sound or tone. Next are the pickups. For a standard Les Paul set up, the pickups must be on a certain angle and a specific distance away from the strings. The idea with this is you want it as close to the strings as possible without touching. That is why I positioned them 3mm away from the strings for the first pickup and 4mm away for the bottom pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment