Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Mixing Board

     The Mixing Board also known as a Mixer has been used in every song you've ever heard on your I-pod or on the radio. Its purpose is to level out or enhance all of the different elements of the music to make it flow together. It would be obvious is a mixer was not used on a song because one instrument would always be overpowering the other and would just be a jumble of sound that nobody wants to hear. If you have ever seen a mixer it has hundreds of knobs depending on how big or how many instruments you are planning on recording. Each knob has different effects on the individual sound. A mixer has the ability to change the volume, tone, presence, and special effects on the individual track. A mixer can have from two to 200 or more channels so there is a lot of choices. I am planning on eventually buying a four or six channel mixer called the  Peavey PV6 usb mixer because I just need something small and portable. Plus, anything nicer than this could cost about $400 or more. This one costs $130 which is already a decent price.

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. I've never actually used one, and I have no idea how to, but I wish I could use it and learn. I think it would be really cool to change the sounds.

    ReplyDelete